Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Saga of Pete Moving to Cincinnati

+3
Katykc
Pete
Bethany
7 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Saga of Pete Moving to Cincinnati - Page 3 Empty Re: The Saga of Pete Moving to Cincinnati

Post by Pete Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 pm

I can, but not sure how good at it I am. Is this what we're going to be doing while I'm there? Wink
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

The Saga of Pete Moving to Cincinnati - Page 3 Empty Re: The Saga of Pete Moving to Cincinnati

Post by Bethany Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:42 pm

No. I'm just reviewing the list.
There are some drop ceiling tiles that need to be cut and put in.
The furniture in the basement needs to be put back in place.
The boxes from the laundry room need to be moved to the main basement area.

How are you with installing GFI switches and wiring a bath exhaust?
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I can do just about anything given enough time and patience......and maybe a drink or two...depending on the job. Smile

We should review the list before I come down so I make sure I bring the right tools with me.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 pm

The financial stress of this deal is really getting to me. I've already had to borrow 1k to get through this month, mainly because of property taxes, and now I'm going to have to borrow an additional $400 from my parents tomorrow to pay for my half of the appraisal. My parents aren't exactly swimming in it and my dad's employer is behind on his settlement checks so they are starting to hurt themselves.

We're getting to the point that no matter what the appraisal comes in at we're going to have to sell it because we're all starting to hurt from this. I just hope I don't have to borrow anymore money.....sadly I know I will need to borrow a few hundred more dollars possibly by March 1 if I wish to continue doing business until the sale. That's a decision I have to make by next week. Rolling Eyes
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 am

Ugh Pete sad hug
Did they schedule the appraisal? If not can you call the bank and get the ball rolling?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 am

They are supposed to be ordering the appraisal today. They said after it's done it would be no longer than 2 weeks to get it back. P.B. is asking when we can get into the lawyer's office already!

I'm heading out in a few minutes to go discuss this money situation and see if we can find peace in this issue for a few weeks. I'll feel better if I hear it from my mother instead of my father. My father gets worked up too easily because he doesn't know much about the money situation, he leaves that to my mother. She'll be honest with me.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 am

So they're ordering it today, which means the appraisal will be when?

It's good the PB is so motivated to get the sale done, once the appraisal is in it sounds like things will move quickly to the lawyers office and then 30 days will fly by while you pack up and prepare to move.

What role does transitioning the liquor license play in all this? I know it might take awhile but if you're already living down here how will that work?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:09 pm

The liquor license transfer paperwork will be filed after we sign the purchase agreement, which is the first document the lawyer will do for us. At the time of closing the pb will sign a managing agreement which grants him all the rights of my liquor license until the transfer is complete. He will accept all responsibility both financial and legal that goes with the license and I will only remain as the owner until all paperwork is complete.

It took me about 30 or 40 days for it to go through, but I won't need to be around for any of it. Once the transfer is done the state will ask him to send in my license that hangs on the wall and they will send him a new one with his information on it.

The date I have in my head and talked about with my boss at Wendy's today was the end of April will be my last day approximately with Wendy's. That's if we can be closed on this at the end of March. 2 weeks with the appraisal and hopefully only 2 weeks with the lawyer and hopefully we'll be ready to close.

During the month of April I will have a week of vacation that I will probably do a majority of my moving and come back for a week of work and probably stay with my parents and then I'll be done here. In that last month I would like to get all my accounts closed up and paperwork cleared, get my eyes checked and get new glasses and contacts that I've needed very badly, and hopefully throw one heck of a party!!

As much as I've been trying to not get excited, it's happening. The excitement is all tied up with the stress so it's very odd. I just want the appraisal done so I can finally talk about it with everyone. My grandmother doesn't even know what's going on and she lives 5 doors down from me.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 am

How exciting Pete!
That's so soon! You'll be here by MAY! MAY!
ACK!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 am

Pete, I just sent you an email agenda for our time together next week Smile
I hope it's not overwhelming you Laughing
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 am

I will get it from my secretary, review it and have her get back with you.

Laughing
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:38 am

I knew once I started putting a timeline to this thing it would get crazy, and sure enough....it has.

Because of the changes he wants to make to the building because of what he does with his business, this deal has to go in front of the board to rezone the property and they only meet once a month. The March meeting is about two weeks away and they don't think they can have everything done before the meeting. They have to contact all houses within 200 feet of the building and inform them of the change and allow them to voice their concerns, if any.

The bank has put a hold on the appraisal until this situation gets ironed out. He's getting frustrated because he wanted to be moved by April, and I am getting ready. I had also considered closing the store because this thing was so close and I didn't want to spend the $300 on a non transferable food license if I was only going to be open for 2 weeks, but since this could take longer I'm going to cough up the dough to get this done.

I'll be so happy if this is it and this is the last hurdle, I'm ready to be done, but most of all I'm ready for vacation. shots
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:02 am

sad hug
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 am

Meeting didn't go as bad as I thought it might, the guy is just quite the talker. They are measuring the property now to see if he meets the zoning requirements, he may only have to go to one meeting instead of two. It still puts us into April, but at least we're still going.

I'm curious as to what the roofing contractor has to say, I only chatted with him briefly, but he's very good friends with my uncle so I'll hear about it. I think he's going to use that as a bargaining chip, but I'll cross that bridge when it gets here. The county guy didn't show up he stated he didn't want to be involved if he didn't have to be and gave the pot. buyer some advice to get around their involvement which was good.

I'm just ready for it all to be over with.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:25 am

Dude, I'm not sure you should be involved with Pot Buyers. It's illegal and could throw a wrench in PB actually purchasing the building Wink

(also, sounds like things are still progressing nicely, albeit slowly)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

So the last few weeks I've gone about my business everyone talking about this deal and I'm just having a hard time believing it. Everyone is so positive, and I remain the skeptic. The owner has talked to all my renters and has ordered stuff for the business and told me he's not backing out, but there is a part of me that is just waiting for it to fall through.

My parents keep telling me to start sorting and packing the non essentials, which I've been doing off and on for a year, but I have a hard time getting myself to get going again.

It's a battle within my mind, part of me is saying to get packed and organized and ready, to make a list of the people to call and things to transfer and such, and the other part of me is trying to get things together for the next Realtor. I really hate this feeling.

Today I got another offer. One that isn't as good as the one on the table, but an offer non the less. The money is the same but they want me to look at land contract. I know about land contract and it's not something I'd be excited about because the down payment is barely enough to pay off one of the loans. It did kind of kick me in the head about the current offer though.

I told the guy tonight that I had to let the current offer run the course because it was pretty close, but I got his information just in case.

I just wonder when this will start to feel real. Half of the town thinks it's a done deal and I haven't even mentioned it to most of my extended family yet. Rolling Eyes
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:57 am

Buying and selling anything is a huge undertaking Pete. It's ok to be cautious and try to not be overly excited but please don't be pessimistic.
I know that your tendancy is to look on the down side to it and err towards pessimism so you don't get hurt. But just stay the course and know that it will work out somehow or another.
Has the city scheduled the April meeting yet? Are you for sure on the docket?

In the mean time I think your parents are right. Once sometimes goes through those 30 days are going to go really really fast. Besides, it is always a good idea to sort and purge things from your life that you don't need. So sort, pack up and purge.

I love you dear
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am

The schedule for the zoning board is the same every month. I have some paperwork to go and sign today before work to be sure we're on the docket, all the paperwork is done, but as the building owner the application has to be in my name.

love you too. Cool
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 am

So the buyer contacted me today and said he heard through some channels that the zoning board is ready to approve and I've heard from all the neighbors now that no one has a problem with it.

We're ordering the appraisal on Monday ahead of schedule to get the ball rolling quicker and I'm going on Monday hopefully to get the lawyer started on the contracts.

Shocked
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesWilliams Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:20 pm

excellent!
JamesWilliams
JamesWilliams

http://www.middletree.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:05 pm

cheers
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Zoning board approved both measures unanimously. One neighbor did show up and was concerned about the smoke from the bar-b-que pits. The zoning board looked at her issue and told her the wind doesn't ever blow that direction and considered the case settled.

The bank has put the call into the appraiser and I have my meeting with the lawyer on Friday.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 pm

WOOOOHOOO! Here comes out private island!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Katykc wrote:WOOOOHOOO! Here comes out private island!

Way to Go
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Nice Pete. Soon you'll be under TB's total control.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next