Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Request

+5
Bethany
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Pete
Katykc
meether369
9 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Prayer Request Empty Prayer Request

Post by meether369 Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:06 pm

To bring over an oldie but goodie!

I want to relax on my break, but I also want to be motivated to get some things done around the house and for work. I am hoping for a nice mix of productivity and relaxation...

Last edited by meether369 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Prayer Request Empty Re: Prayer Request

Post by Katykc Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:19 pm

That's a happy prayer request.Smile

My brother and his wife are going to a mediation this week to begin their separation...if they can't agree on anything (and there is a good chance she won't agree to anything), then they will have a trial date on the 30'th or something like that. Either way, he will be moving out on the 1st and he hasn't said a lot about it, but i can tell he's a bit depressed about it all.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:13 pm

My sister-in-law Kelli went in for a biopsy a little over a week ago for her colitis. They called her last week and asked her to come in right away, but she couldn't leave work, so she goes in this Tuesday. They think she has a worse form of colitis than she was originally diagnosed this... of course, we all knew that, but the doctors seemed convinced it was something else and they have treater her for everything under the sun and not a lot of it ha worked. Please pray for peace for her this week as she waits to go in and that the dr's can find a treatment that will work for her. It's something that she has been dealing with for several years, and it would be nice if she could go longer than a few months without the pain.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am

My brother and hsi wife go in for mediation today. We don't have high hopes for it going well, but we are keeping our fingers crossed.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:38 am

Katykc wrote:My brother and hsi wife go in for mediation today. We don't have high hopes for it going well, but we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Miracles CAN happen...but, that's why they are called miracles! I will be praying!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 pm

My ex-sister-in-law's father was flown to a hospital an hour away last night and is going to have very risky surgery tomorrow to try and repair a GI bleed for a second time. After the first time it happened three years ago the doctor said if it happened again there would be little they could do about it and he probably wouldn't make it. He's a really nice guy and while she is no longer legally part of our family we wish no ill will to her or her family, so if you could say a little prayer for him with me I'd appreciate it.

I feel weird about the whole situation and my brother is torn, but when it comes to stuff like this, the past shouldn't matter.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

I actually experienced a lot of healing wheb, 2 years after my divorce, my ex-mother in-law went through a crisis and I found myself praying for her. I will pray for him, but also your brother, that he might be open to whatever God has for him in this situation.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Praying Pete.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:55 am

Prayed.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:18 pm

He came out of the surgery and the doctors are optimistic that he's going to be alright! Very Happy
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:39 pm

Pete wrote:He came out of the surgery and the doctors are optimistic that he's going to be alright! :D

YAY!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm

meether369 wrote:
Pete wrote:He came out of the surgery and the doctors are optimistic that he's going to be alright! Very Happy

YAY!

WooHoo!
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:47 am

My brother and soon to be ex sister in law have a trial date tomorrow to arrange a temporary custody agreement. Please pray that they get a fair judge and things go as well as can be expected and what is best for the girls will be worked out. Also, please pray for my brother and that fact that he will be moving out this weekend. He is devastated that it has come to this and that he has to leave the girls. And please pray for us (his family) to be a comfort and help to him emotionally and physically.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:13 am

Katykc wrote:My brother and soon to be ex sister in law have a trial date tomorrow to arrange a temporary custody agreement. Please pray that they get a fair judge and things go as well as can be expected and what is best for the girls will be worked out. Also, please pray for my brother and that fact that he will be moving out this weekend. He is devastated that it has come to this and that he has to leave the girls. And please pray for us (his family) to be a comfort and help to him emotionally and physically.

Praying Sad
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 am

You got it Katy.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:35 pm

So, I was going to put this in the praise section... but it still needs prayer. The judge basically sided with my brother... after which Jen went to the side room and through a hysterical hissy fit (which the judge could hear). So, he get's them about 40-45% of the time. The judge wouldn't let anyone testify because she said that she wasn't splitting the girls up in any way and that she was very intrigued by the case so she would be keeping it. The problem is, afterwards, Jens' dad threatened my mom and Nate and started spewing lies. I told her she basically needs to record every conversation she has with them, she has a recorder on her phone... but everything said outside of the courtroom was said loud enough to be heard by the judge. So if you can, please just continue to pray for the situation... and thanks for praying up to this point also.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Wow, that's so scary to be dealing with people so..... well, whatever.
I'll still pray, I'm glad the judge isn't going to split up the girls and that your brother is getting a fair shake. I'll keep praying.

How are you holding up with all this Katy?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:53 pm

Bethany wrote:Wow, that's so scary to be dealing with people so..... well, whatever.
I'll still pray, I'm glad the judge isn't going to split up the girls and that your brother is getting a fair shake. I'll keep praying.

I'm okay... really.. I'm so mad at her family I could spit... I hate fake people... and that is what they are... they surround themselves in lies and deception and then get violent when people see through them. So, I'm still worried... the arrangement is temporary so he could move out with a court ruling, but they still have the divorce stuff to take care of. And I'm worried about Anveigh because it's all been about Pammeigh and her specialness... and I've seen Jens parents play favorites with the their own daughters, and Jen is doing it with the girls and I am worried about how that is going to effect her.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 pm

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:Wow, that's so scary to be dealing with people so..... well, whatever.

I'm okay... really.. I'm so mad at her family I could spit... I hate fake people... and that is what they are... they surround themselves in lies and deception and then get violent when people see through them. So, I'm still worried... the arrangement is temporary so he could move out with a court ruling, but they still have the divorce stuff to take care of. And I'm worried about Anveigh because it's all been about Pammeigh and her specialness... and I've seen Jens parents play favorites with the their own daughters, and Jen is doing it with the girls and I am worried about how that is going to effect her.

Well, I can tell you from the point of view of someone that was on the wrong end of the playing favorites games that it sucks. But was helped it not suck so much was having a Great-Aunt and other family members that intentionally let me know how special I was and that they loved me. Even if they never addressed the favoritism head on. Anveigh has you and your mom and brother to help let her know that what happens as far as favortism isn't about her but about the brokenness and damage of other people.

I'm still praying for you friend, you and everyone involved.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 am

My brother moved out today and he and Anveigh are having a really hard time. Anveigh thought she was moving with him and she didn't want to leave him. Please pray that it becomes easier for them.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 am

Katykc wrote:My brother moved out today and he and Anveigh are having a really hard time. Anveigh thought she was moving with him and she didn't want to leave him. Please pray that it becomes easier for them.

Oh no! That's really hard. Definitely praying.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:24 am

Sigh...need prayer. Here at work there is a girl that started as an intern and is now becoming a permanent full time employee. For some reason this girl really REALLY bugs me. I'm trying to pin point what exactly about her drives me crazy. So, anyways, this April my boss and I are going to Chicago for a conference and I'm really excited cause I have permission to go early to go sightseeing. Well, I found out this morning that the intern (going to call her that forever) is going. Not the whole time I am, but I'm thinking I might have to share a room with her...and I'm afraid I might strangle her .. not really of course. Her being there will probably make me wanna drink... A LOT.

So, please pray that my attitude changes towards her cause she's probably going to be around for awhile and that I accept her going to Chicago and not get too frustrated or angry with her.

Sounds petty and foolish, but there are just some people that for some reason get on my nerves and my anger gets the best of me.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

Will do, Holly. When do you go?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am

I leave for Chicago on the 22nd and then the conference is over on the 27th and from there I fly to Disneyland for about 5 days. Meeting up with my friends down there for our annual west coast get together! So after spending the weekend with the intern, getting together with my friends will be so needed!
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Yes! So, we can pray that your chicago trip goes smoothly and you can fully relax on disney land.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next