Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Request

+5
Bethany
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Pete
Katykc
meether369
9 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Prayer Request - Page 6 Empty Re: Prayer Request

Post by Angie Mon May 10, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm sorry you are dealing with those things Melissa! I will be praying for you!

And Bethany, for your sister too. I pray for all of you guys anyway, you know. Smile

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon May 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Goodness so many in need of prayers lately! Good thing there are plenty to go around!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 am

Mel that really sucks, I'm so sorry there's all that going on, I'll be praying.
In other news I have a lot of contacts in school districts here if you wanted to move to Cincinnati Wink

They went to counseling before and I'm not sure why they stopped probably money.
In other news I'm like less than poor and I am so overwhelmed with budgeting right now that I just want to give up. :sigh:
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Got ya covered.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

The son of an old family friend is a CHP motorcycle officer out of Marin county. Yesterday, he was in a bad accident while responding to another accident. His aorta was severed and he has two broken arms. The last we heard he was in critical condition. Could you please pray for him and his family. His name is Todd and his wifes name is Laura, I don't remember the names of his sons (they are both in their late teens and early 20's) and his parents names are Jerry and Ginny.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 pm

you got it katy.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri May 14, 2010 6:13 am

Wow, scary. Yes, praying.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri May 14, 2010 6:42 am

for sure Katy.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 am

Absolutely Katy. Also, is that the police department that the TV show Chips was based off of?
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Yes Smile California Highway Patrol.

Thanks for the prayers guys.. the surgery to repair is aorta was successful yesterday and they are doing surgery on his arms today.

Also, my brother and sister in law reached a settlement and I think the divorce is almost final. It is kind of working out in Nate's favor in the fact that he will only be paying 3 years of spousald support (she was asking for 10, and they were only married 6 years) and that she is staying in the house, but she pretty much is going to have to start making the payments or it will go into forclosure. So, in the end, not really a great conclusion... but I guess it's as good as it can get in the bad situation. Oh! The big news is that she agreed to make Nate a psychological parent to Pammeigh (basically meaning he is the only father she's known and right now all she knows is that he's her dad) so that if something happens to Jen, Nate won't have to fight her parents for custody. Anyway, please continue to pray for the girls... they are having a hard time dealing with the limited time they get to spend with Nate and are often fighting over his attention. He's doing the best he can and even Jen is starting to notice the issues and sending the girls with him more often.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Fri May 14, 2010 11:27 am

Done
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am

That's mostly great news Katy! Not that it's still hard on the girls but that Jen isn't being such a wench (or at least isn't getting away with being one) anymore.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sat May 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Apparenty this is prayer request week for me.. dad is starting to feel bad again. Basically, stomach aches and bad heart burn... which is how it started before. He has a catscan or something scheduled soon. Please pray that it doesn't get much worse... and especially that it doesn't lead to a full blown attack like last october.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 am

Eeeks, that's scary, Katy.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Sun May 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Yikes! Praying Katy!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Mon May 17, 2010 10:09 am

If y'all don't mind, keep me and Megan in your prayers this week. The wedding is Saturday! (Holy Crap!) And we're so overwhelmed with stuff that we haven't done (or even begun to do), that it's kind of freaking me out. And now I seem to be getting sick (my voice is almost gone). I have no doubts or fears about marrying Megan (amazing, actually, how sure I am about that). But the details that go into the actual ceremony and reception is daunting.

Thanks!

Dave
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon May 17, 2010 11:03 am

You got it Dave! Weddings can be overwhelming, but I'm glad how much peace and clarity you have on the woman you're marrying. That is SO much more important than a perfect day, knowing that you're heading into a marriage with a person that you are sure about.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I figured you must be REALLY busy and stressed out cuz you inexplicably forgot to send my invitation.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed May 19, 2010 4:03 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:I figured you must be REALLY busy and stressed out cuz you inexplicably forgot to send my invitation.
he doesn't really like us, he just uses us to pray for him.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am

Maybe we should be vindictive and ask that our prayers be withdrawn.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm

we could, but I won't....despite his dissing of us, I like him.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 am

I just found out that a friend of mine from Michigan lost his wife to cancer yesterday. We haven't been in touch in nearly three years so I didn't even know she was sick, I feel awful for him.

If you could say a prayer for George that he finds strength and comfort in her passing as I found out she has been very sick and struggling for two years. They were best friends and both went through bad first marriages to find each other. She was a great person with lots of energy and spunk and shared it all with everyone she met.

I'm going to miss her.

I feel like a terrible friend.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 am

Pete falling out of touch with someone when you're in different states living very different lives (married vs unmarried, kids no kids, 1 job vs 28,948 jobs) does NOT make you a bad friend at all.

That being said, I'll be praying for all of you
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 am

Life is that way, Pete.
Don't feel badly.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:58 am

Katykc wrote:
Bethany wrote:If you can pray for Sharen and her family. Apparently my nieces are stirring up trouble and trying to pit their dad against my sister and Sharen and Jeff had a knock down drag out fight last night. She tried calling me because she wanted to come stay at my house.
She is talking about completely detaching herself from the girls and "treating them like a real wicked step mother would" and I tried to talk her out of it. So I don't know what's going to happy only that every single person in that family is so hurt and afraid and taking it out on each other instead of pulling together :sigh:

is there any kind of resolution on the forefront? i know it's only been a few days.

So Jeff went away for the weekend to West Virginia to see his friend Ty from the Marines. Ty's good for Jeff in a way because he's very Jesus centered and has a stable (but of course not perfect) marriage.
By the time Jeff left he was throwing around the divorce word.
When he returned he and Sharen sat down and she told him she wouldn't let him divorce her because they hadn't even begun to work on their relationship.

Sharen called me today asking me for my schedule this week and next because they are going to start going to counseling together. Apparently my dad also told Jeff that he should get Sharen to get on the pill to help regulate her hormones so she isn't so irrationally emotional.
To be honest the last part really pisses me off. I feel like both my dad and Jeff dismiss a lot of what Sharen says as crazy and therefore feel they can throw out everything she brings up as a result of her crazy hormones. While I agree that getting on a hormone regulation plan would be helpful I think that it's shitty that our dad would broach that with Jeff before bringing it up with Sharen directly or even with our mom or I to have her bring it up with Sharen.

But it's a good step I think. Everyone, including Jeff's birth and step mom and dad, girlfriends and first wife have left him. So when the going gets tough Jeff assumes that his loved one is going to get going and I think a lot of this is him taking preemptive action. But Sharen is fighting for him and for their marriage. While she's not perfect and she has her own junk to clean up too I think that is HUGE in regards to Jeff's instinct to cut and run.

So there's an update and if you could pray about all that and for the complete renewal of their marriage and a centered focus on Jesus. (They are going to a Christian marriage counseler. Jeff didn't want to go through our church because he's just getting to know some of the staff and he really admires them a lot and is scared of losing face. Speaking of irrational... but I'm happy they're going to counseling period)
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next