Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Request

+5
Bethany
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Pete
Katykc
meether369
9 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Prayer Request - Page 2 Empty Re: Prayer Request

Post by hollydog22 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Ok...update...I will have to share a room with the intern in Chicago. Sigh. And she's super excited about it. God give me a better attitude and patience. Amen. Somebody get me a stiff drink. Thx.
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:41 pm

We could pray that she would get sick and won't be able to go... but I suppose that would be a malicious prayer
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Katykc wrote:We could pray that she would get sick and won't be able to go... but I suppose that would be a malicious prayer

It might happen. She's missed about 2 weeks of work already and hasn't even been here for a year yet! and that's all due to illness. But then my boss would be out a lot of money with flight, conference and hotel, and I don't wish that upon her. I'm just gonna go with it and get some magic water...aka vodka. Very Happy
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:39 pm

hollydog22 wrote:
Katykc wrote:We could pray that she would get sick and won't be able to go... but I suppose that would be a malicious prayer

It might happen. She's missed about 2 weeks of work already and hasn't even been here for a year yet! and that's all due to illness. But then my boss would be out a lot of money with flight, conference and hotel, and I don't wish that upon her. I'm just gonna go with it and get some magic water...aka vodka. Very Happy

there you go Smile
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:39 am

Well, that didn't last long. Breaking an agreement with my mom, my grandma has started drinking in my house. She was doing so well, too. Now, my mom is all up in arms, I am worried about what I am going to come home to, bleck.

We're going to have a serious meeting about this issue which has basically been a family Taboo subject for 50 years.

Can you please pray for all of us? I can't live with chaos again. I have too much on my plate as it is. My grandma is killing herself and hurting people who love her. And my mom is going nuts thinking about this stuff. Ugh. UGH!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:54 am

Yuck Mel, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying.
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 am

I'll pray for you and your family Mel.

My mother was admitted to the hospital last night with chest pains. The doctor said everything looks just fine, but wanted to keep her over night to run some more tests. Her father died at the age of 46 of a heart attack so her and her siblings are a little paranoid about chest pains. It's the first time my mom's been in the hospital since I was a kid and it's kind of freaky. She's sixty one but I'm far from being ready for stuff like this.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 am

I don't think we're ever ready for stuff like this Pete. I'll be praying for a swift recovery and peace all around.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am

Definitely praying for you Mel and your mom, Pete! My dad had emergency heart surgery this past October and it was pretty scary. *hugs*
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm praying for both of you guys.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks guys. She's on her way home as I type this. They kept her in ICU overnight to run the tests they needed to run and everything came back normal, so she has to go back to have a stress test done. I was thinking maybe my father was hiding something but my brother (the medic) says if they would have found anything she would have been shipped right away to a heart hospital and told me there isn't anything to worry about.

Yeah, me not worry? But I did relax a little after he told me that.

My brother and I did decide we need to have a plan of action if something like this happens again instead of waiting 8 hours before calling any of us, we've just never dealt with anything like this before and I think it's a wake up call to our family.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Glad everything is okay, Pete.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm

I am still fighting pain and some kind of funk. I think they are directly related, but either way, I am getting really sick of both and myself in general. I am still praying for that surprise party of joy to come my way, but maybe God can see something else in store...that's what I am kind of afraid of.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by hollydog22 Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Be praying and sending happy thoughts your way, Mel hug
hollydog22
hollydog22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:52 pm

meether369 wrote: but maybe God can see something else in store...that's what I am kind of afraid of.
what do you mean?

Have you confronted your grandma yet?

I will truly be praying for you, that everything comes together in such a great way that you don't even expect. That you are blessed as much as you are a blessing. ( And that is a lot! )

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Angie wrote:
meether369 wrote: but maybe God can see something else in store...that's what I am kind of afraid of.
what do you mean?

Have you confronted your grandma yet?

I will truly be praying for you, that everything comes together in such a great way that you don't even expect. That you are blessed as much as you are a blessing. ( And that is a lot! )

I just get into this thought pattern every once in a while where I think that I deserve something, or really want it badly, and then start thinking it will never happen and even though I hope and pray for it, God see that there is something different in store for me and I will always have this sense of longing and never actually get what it is I long for. It is tiresome and I kind of hate it. But, it usually brings about deeper insight or some kind of growth or something, so I am sure it is all part of the plan. It's just hard to get discouraged and to think that this is what my life could be for the rest of my time here on earth. Can I still serve God like this? Will I ever see fruit from my efforts towards righteousness? Are my efforts even TOWARDS righteousness anyway? And is that why is seems there aren't any fruits? Because really I am headed in the wrong direction? Gosh, I don't know.

I just feel like I keep taking hits. I know I have a lot--more than I need or even can fathom--but a lot of what I have is what I don't want. And what I actually want, I don't have. In fact, sometimes it feels like it is purposely being kept away from me. And then I wonder why. And those thoughts aren't helpful at all.

I talked to my grandma about some of the things we personally were dealing with. She doesn't know that I know that she has been drinking, and my mom would rather deal with that on her own, because it was an event that unfolded between the two of them, and she would rather be the bad guy than pull me into it. But, my mom and my grandma have very dysfunctional ways of communicating, so it is moving slowly and through implications rather than actual words. So, I guess until it directly affects me, I am staying out of that part. I brought up my part of things and it went really well. I was honest and respectful and she was receptive. So, that's all I really can ask for.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:53 am

As the Lord (and Sara Groves) is prone to do, He has convicted me with a song this morning.

Itis absolutely amazing to me that she speaks so clearly into the deep crevaces of my own heart. I am not alone in these issues. The truth of the matter is, I have been feeling more like Saul than David lately and I need the TRUTH to tenderize my heart once again so that I might be changed by God. I slipped back into trying to start my own spark, rather than seeking the truth. And like Sara says, when the lights come up, I want to be found telling the TRUTH rather than clinging to all of my own lies and justifications.

Eyes Wide Open--Sara Groves
I've got layers of lies that I don't even know about yet
bathroom doors turned billboards
no place left untouched without the mumblin
tell me what I need, tell me what I want
worship the things that we've made with our own hands

in so deep I don't even know it, I don't even know it
rubbing these sticks till the air is thick
no spark no heart no inspiration
tell me what I need, tell me what I want
worship the things that we made
with our own hands

oh I'm gonna find the truth
even if it kills me
oh I gotta get a new view
the only way I know to
oh I gotta keep my eyes wide open
keep my eyes wide open

diggin in the dirt till it hurts
won't come up for air don't care
how long it takes me
I get tired want to just get by can't I get by
but I can't cuz there's a
fire in my bones, fire in my bones
burnin in my bones

when the lights come up on this town
when the thing goes down wanna be found
when the lights come up on this
when the lights come up on this town
when the thing goes down
wanna be found tryin
when the lights come up
wanna be telling the truth

meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am

Gosh I love the new Sara Groves CD. So much.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 am

A very close friend of Megan and mine is quite distraught this morning. Her boyfriend's from Haiti and his only living imediate family member (a sibling, I think) is still there. He's really worried after the earthquake today and is unable to make contact with them. Keep them in your prayers if you think of it today. His name is Leo. Not sure what the siblings name is.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am

dave wrote:A very close friend of Megan and mine is quite distraught this morning. Her boyfriend's from Haiti and his only living imediate family member (a sibling, I think) is still there. He's really worried after the earthquake today and is unable to make contact with them. Keep them in your prayers if you think of it today. His name is Leo. Not sure what the siblings name is.

Will do, Dave.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Leo just heard from his brother and he's ok. said it's absolutely horrid over there though.

Thanks for the prayers.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:26 pm

My aunt, uncle, and cousins have been working closely with people in Haiti building an orphanage for about 15-20 years. They had the Dedication last week, which my uncle and aunt went to and were traveling home from at the beginning of this week. And my cousin is planning on going next week for some other kind of project. All is up in the air now and some of their friends there in Haiti are missing too.

It kind of blows my mind that possibly, that which they have been working to build for YEARS, has come down in a matter of minutes. They don't know yet, what all has been lost, but it could be everything. And that only brings home the point for me that a) what we have here on earth is way more temporary than we ever can imagine and b) I am so amazingly blessed with what I have that I need to be giving more of it away.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Okay, so then I was catching up on my "Praying God's Word Day by Day" from Beth Moore and this was the first prayer I read:

Like Eve, we want to feel smart, but nothing is more ignorant than choosing man's intelligence over God's.

Lord God, when you asked the woman in the Garden, "What is this you have done?" her response was, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate" (Gen. 3:13).

Just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, the minds of even those with a sincere and pure devotion to Christ can be led astray (2 Cor 11:3).

Please help me always be aware that the enemy will be up to his old tricks. Even the devout believer can be led astray if not held continually on the path by Your Word and keenly aware of Satan's schemes. Help me not be deceived by the serpent's cunning.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Things are not going well with my grandma right now. I don't even want to get into typing it all out, but if you think to pray, please do!!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:05 pm

I will be praying.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content