Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Request

+5
Bethany
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Pete
Katykc
meether369
9 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Prayer Request - Page 4 Empty Re: Prayer Request

Post by Bethany Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Totally Katy sad hug
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

If you guys think about it, keep Megan (and me) in your prayers. We're going through a pretty stressful time with some medical problems right now and it's getting harder and harder to deal with. Megan's had to deal with a ton of medical issues since I've known her (and before), as I've mentioned on here many times before, but now some new problems involving her heart (doesn't look to be fatal) is really causing some trouble. She's already used up more than her allotted number of sick days for the year and it's only March, so we're not sure what's going to happen with her job. On top of that, she's still not supposed to be using her hands (is still on voice activated software at work), and, oh yeah, we're trying to plan a wedding in may (which has its own set of stresses, some of which are superficial in nature, but which we're having a hard time combatting).

I'm also having to miss a good bit of work because of megan's health issues, so that is another stress. But it's the nature of the current medical stuff that's probably most stressful and scary. She's passing out. Like, falling down unconscious. I'll be getting out of the shower and I'll hear a thump in the other room, run out there and she's face-down on the ground with drool pouring from her mouth. It takes a little bit to get her to open her eyes, and then after she's awake she's still pretty out of it for a bit. Yesterday was the first time this happened out and about, while she was walking to work alone. She awoke to find 2 women trying to help her up. They found the card of her cardiologist in her wallet and took her to him (megan doesn't really remember the trip over). Today, while I was home with her this morning she passed out 3 times.

We're seeing really good doctors and they're working on the problem (it's probably caused by a combination of too high a dose of heart medicine that she's taking for another heart problem - which they've lowered a good bit and are continuing to try and lower further, stress, dehydration, and how hot our apartment gets towards the end of the night and into the morning). We're doing the things we need to do to help this but it's a slow process. And it's pretty friggin' scary to see your fiance unconcious in that way. And to top it off, when she faints and falls down she inevitably hurts herself simply because of the fall itself.

Anyway, I am usually pretty good about being patient and about dealing with the stress of illness and suffering. But dealing with so much for so many years is getting to me a bit.

All that to say, if you could keep us in your prayers it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Dave
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Most definitely, dave. What a stressful and trying time.

Lord of mercy, come into this situation right now. Bring wisdom to the doctors, healing to Megan's body, and peace to Dave's heart and mind. And most importantly, God, allow this very scary, very serious issue to bring Dave and Megan closer to you, that you may be glorified through it all. Amen.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 am

Praying!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:32 am

wow, Dave....I can see why you feel stress. I'll be praying, and please if you have time keep us updated.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks all! We're having a much better day today. Megan didn't feel faint at all and is now with a friend hopefully getting her wedding dress! So, we're taking it one day at a time, but so far today looks good! Thanks for the prayers.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:34 am

The company my brother works for imports bamboo flooring from china. A batch of their wood was manufactured faultily. Tomorrow he has to go to Texas to try and settle with the company who bought it. At best, everyone in the company will take a pay cut... at worst the company will have to close and everyone will lose their jobs. Could you please pray for him as he tries to save everyones job and the company... and if the worst happens, that another job will come his way.

thanks.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:24 am

Oh Katy. sad hug
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:02 am

sure will.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 pm

could use some prayers for my Uncle Stanley. Just got the following email from my mom:

I need to ask all of you to pray for Uncle Stanley. He is in conjested heart failure, which means his organs are starting to close down. His body has been filling up with fluid and he is not able to walk from one room to the next without losing his breath. He is home. He went to the Dr. today and they gave him a shot and medicine to try to get the fluid out of his body. It is surrounding his lungs as well as other organs. He goes back to the Dr. at 8:30 tomorrow morning for them to check his lungs and then they will take it from there. Please pray that this medicine will do the job.

Sorry to have to tell you this. He is my whole family and I’m quite upset. Please pray hard!!!

He's the only remaining immediate family that she has.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:25 pm

dave wrote:He's the only remaining immediate family that she has.

Meaning sibling, parents, etc. Obviously I'm her immediate family.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 am

I'm sorry Dave....I will pray for your family....that is very hard.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Angie wrote:I'm sorry Dave....I will pray for your family....that is very hard.

Thanks! He's doing a lot better now! Smile The medicine got rid of a lot of the fluid and he doesn't seem to be in any immediate danger. He's still very weak, but he's had a weak heart for years now (has a pacemaker). thanks again for the prayers!
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 am

There is some drama going on at church around the mission trip to mexico and financing and public promotion of the trip.
I'm finding myself feeling very in the middle and icky about the whole situation because the leader of the trip (who is a volunteer) and the lead pastor have differing opinions about how much the trip should be promoted and how much fundraising is needed.

Anyway, this long email went out this morning from the lead pastor clarifying how and why things were happening with promotion and fundraising and what will happen moving forward. Knowing Ben the way I do and having dealt with a very dramatic volunteer in outreach before with his help I know that this email while very direct, clear and polite was his way of taking the issue publically and saying that this is the way it's going to be and that's just that. Because the leader of the trip just won't stop talking about it and she's talking to everyone and not Ben directly, which I told her is wrong and to stop talking to me about it period unless she can properly address it with Ben.

Anyway...ick.
So then the leader starts text messaging me this morning asking me what the staff is thinking and why would Ben send this email and what did I think about it etc etc. I just told her I got the email and as far as I knew the only thing that happened was that one of the girls going on the trip posted a promo for the bake sale this weekend on her FB page. Then the leader sent an email clarifying some of the points in Ben's email because he said all money should go to the mission organization when only some of it should and some should go to the leader b/c she's buying the plane tickets.
She kept text messaging me asking what I thought of the email, what I thought of the tone and everything and I just have been ignoring her because I don't want to get drawn into the drama and I also don't think it's my place to really discuss the leadership ability of our lead pastor with her when she's already shown a contentious and disagreeable/negative attitude towards him as the leader of our church.

It just makes me want to drop out of the trip totally and not even go which I do really really want to go.
But I am going to talk to Ben about it at our outreach meeting Monday beacuse I want to A) let him know that I am not in agreement with the leader about the way things are being handled B) that I am not disparaging him to anyone C) let him know that I support him as the leader of our church and the position he is taking (which I really totally do) and D) find out what if anything he would like me to do/say in this situation...get a little guidance from it

So if you could maybe pray that I don't stir up more drama by trying to do the right thing and that the drama will just stop and people can deal with it in an appropriate and biblical manner.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 am

you got it!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Church stuff really screws up God's best for us.

Do what He leads you to do and blow off all that peripheral stuff.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

http://www.bobhavey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonM Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 am

I've been very apathetic in the lord lately. unmotivated, and baiscally going through the motions of a spiritual life.

which has lead to the diet, hobbies, housework. all which need improvement.

all in all a general funk has come over our lives.
JasonM
JasonM

http://lanier801.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:53 am

I'm sorry Jason, a lot of us have been going through our own funks lately too. I'll be praying sad hug
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 pm

We all go there, Jason. It's more than likely just a mini-wilderness experience.

The fact that you recognize it's happening is important.

Spend a little time in prayer/meditation on a regular basis. Things will re-center.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 am

I mentioned before, but have been thinking even more this morning, about my friend's sister. Her name is Elizabeth, or Lizzie. She is 15 and has been cutting herself.

This morning, I was listening to a woman talking about women's issues etc. and I realized that women who go to get surgery are cutting themselves too...it's different, but not so much. They are going through pain because of their feelings about themselves. It is structured and sanctioned, but the reasoning behind it isn't all that different from taking a razor to the inner thigh or arm.

My heart breaks for these girls and women. It rests heavily on my soul right now.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:45 pm

I wonder why this seems to be primarily a woman's issue?
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:56 pm

TheGreat&TerribleBob wrote:I wonder why this seems to be primarily a woman's issue?

I had this discussion with Erie.

I think it is because women tend to turn their self-esteem issues inward. Men turn them outward. I was asking Erie if The Mentoring Project ever plans to expand to include young girls who need father figures too. He was pointing out that men without fathers end up in prison more. I contested that the mothers of those prisoners probably didn't have fathers themselves and so didn't know how to find someone to love and respect them properly. I don't think there is a clear fix on any of it, but it helped me to realize that men with 'issues' tend to become socially delinquent and women with 'issues' tend to self-destruct. I think that is evident with this issue of cutting too.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreat&TerribleBob Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm

That makes a lot of sense.
TheGreat&TerribleBob
TheGreat&TerribleBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

So this girl whose blog I love has had mono and pneumonia for awhile and they found spots on her lungs. She went in for a follow up because she wasn't getting better and more spots appeared. They did a full body scan and found that her ovaries and uterus were both full of cysts as well.
She is going in for a 2nd opinion and is at the very least having a biopsy to see if the cysts and spots are cancerous or not.
The doctors initially said probably not because of her age and relative health. But with the spots multiplying and the cysts filling her ovaries they are not sure.

In other devestating news she is single and childless and is one of those 25 year old girls that longs for a husband and family. I can't necissarily relate to that aspect but I know how much it means to her. The doctors said she will most likely end up needing a complete hysterectomy and even if she keeps her reproductive organs it is next to impossible for her to carry children based on the quantity of cysts.

So pray about all that. Complete healing, peace, a support system etc etc. I would try to explain why this hurts me so much seeing as I've never met her past a few emails. But then we're all here together and we know how that goes.
Thanks guys.
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Wow, that's horrible. What's her name?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down