Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Request

+5
Bethany
TheGreat&TerribleBob
Pete
Katykc
meether369
9 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Prayer Request - Page 3 Empty Re: Prayer Request

Post by meether369 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks!
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 am

me too!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:09 am

Well, things are not getting any better at this point with my grandma. She is getting wasted and then coming after me verbally. I know it isn't rational and don't believe the things she is saying, but this is no way to live. She agreed to not drink here, and is incapable of doing that, so now we have to figure out what to do.

I would like an intervention, where we all tell her this isn't acceptable and she needs help, but it is hard to break through 50 years of enabling behavior, so my mom and aunts don't really see how it would work. Now they are just thinking of ways to get her out of my house, which I think is just adding to the crazy spiraling which is what her drinking thrives on.

On top of that, last night while she was yelling at me, she had left discarded chicken bones by her chair and Clementine ate them. So, now on top of all this family drama, I am worrying that my dog is going to die. And I really seriously do not know what I will do if I lose my dog right now. I understand that I probably am too attached to this animal, but at this point, I can't help it.

The biggest thing I am battling right now, though, is the desire to feel put-upon. It keeps trying to overtake me, and I really don't want to feel that way. But, it seems nothing works out, I am stuck in a cycle of loss or disappointment, and I am given more than I can handle. And instead of turning to God and allowing him to work through me, I turn to spending money and eating which both have helped get me into this position. And then I feel worse about myself and my situation. I really need some supernatural help...I am not capable of doing this on my own.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:21 am

sad hug

I'll pray for a resolution that is best suited for your life and your family Mel. I hope whatever happens you find peace, because you're right, that is no way to live.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks, Pete.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm praying too, Mel. I'm sorry this has been so hard on you.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 pm

So, just a thought... can you call your mom and aunts and say, "hey, I want her out of here by next weekend..." I mean.. it's your house and really, you are not the daughter, you are only the granddaughter and it's not your responsibility to have to deal with this. It's kind of sucky that they pawned her off on you. It's not right that you are being treated like this in your own home, if it was any other kind of roommate you would have kicked them out already. I know that all of this is easy for me to say since I'm so far removed from the situation, but I see how it's affecting you, and I love you, and it makes me want to fly out there and make your grandmothers daughters take responsibility for their mother... and really I want them to realize that it is their job to protect you from her.
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Melissa, my dog groomer feeds her dog chicken bones as long as it is right after they have eaten the chicken, she swears to me that it is old chicken bones that splinter and kill dogs. So, hopefully that is some small peace of mind.

Also, remind your mom, because I know that your mom really loves God, that anything is possible if you guys pray together, God can break even a 50 year cycle.

Also, in reading The Allure of Hope this morning, I was reading the part where she is talking about Freidrich Beuchners dream about the room that was perfect, and coming back to a different room that wasn't perfect...and he decided to overcome his pride and ask for the first perfect room again...and when he asked the concierge told him the name of the room was remember and I think that these shitty times of trial and the seeming cycle of hopelessness are actually things that can inspire us to remember that there is so much more that we will someday have, and that we should petition God for little glimpses of that perfection here on earth.

I also was thinking how I have always hated Disney princess movies, because the princesses always want more or something better....and today I was thinking how that despise of those movies has come out of my feelings that I don't deserve anything better, that glimpses of heaven aren't for me, but for other people.

I know that this doesn't all speak directly to your situation, but I feel like we have some similar things that pop up when we face challenges in our lives.

I love you and I hope you know that I would do anything for you.

Heavenly Father, I really ask that you come and give your strength and love to Melissa....I pray that she can see your work in her life....just in thinking this morning about the passage of scripture where you tell us you are the vine, and we are the branches, and that we will go through times when you prune us so we can come that much closer to being like you...well, I pray that you will really give Melissa the sense that you are holding her and refining her, and that better times are in store, and that as we strive for restoration, you will provide and help us through the process.
I pray for Melissa's mom and her aunt, I pray that you will speak to them and give them wisdom.
And Lord, I also know you can do miracles, and so I look to you and ask that you will break this cycle in the life of Melissa's grandma. That you will heal her heart, and her addiction.
Also Lord, please remind each of us here to pray for this situation everytime we are reminded of Melissa.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Katykc wrote:So, just a thought... can you call your mom and aunts and say, "hey, I want her out of here by next weekend..." I mean.. it's your house and really, you are not the daughter, you are only the granddaughter and it's not your responsibility to have to deal with this. It's kind of sucky that they pawned her off on you. It's not right that you are being treated like this in your own home, if it was any other kind of roommate you would have kicked them out already. I know that all of this is easy for me to say since I'm so far removed from the situation, but I see how it's affecting you, and I love you, and it makes me want to fly out there and make your grandmothers daughters take responsibility for their mother... and really I want them to realize that it is their job to protect you from her.

Well, the thing is, they feel horrible and want to step in. Actually, my mom is on her way over now to take my grandma to her house. But, I don't really feel that is the best option. I mean, yeah, it protects me (which is what my mom and my aunts want) but it is what has always gone on--they step in an 'fix' the current situation and then my grandma gets resentful and starts drinking. It is enablement. I would love to see her put into treatment...that's what I feel will be the best. But, we shall see.

This is all really hard on my mom too. This brings up years and years and years of heartache and anxiety. I would like everyone to find healing. But, this is all really confusing for all of us. We want to do the right thing, we just don't know what it is.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:50 pm

Angie wrote:Melissa, my dog groomer feeds her dog chicken bones as long as it is right after they have eaten the chicken, she swears to me that it is old chicken bones that splinter and kill dogs. So, hopefully that is some small peace of mind.

Also, remind your mom, because I know that your mom really loves God, that anything is possible if you guys pray together, God can break even a 50 year cycle.

Also, in reading The Allure of Hope this morning, I was reading the part where she is talking about Freidrich Beuchners dream about the room that was perfect, and coming back to a different room that wasn't perfect...and he decided to overcome his pride and ask for the first perfect room again...and when he asked the concierge told him the name of the room was remember and I think that these shitty times of trial and the seeming cycle of hopelessness are actually things that can inspire us to remember that there is so much more that we will someday have, and that we should petition God for little glimpses of that perfection here on earth.

I also was thinking how I have always hated Disney princess movies, because the princesses always want more or something better....and today I was thinking how that despise of those movies has come out of my feelings that I don't deserve anything better, that glimpses of heaven aren't for me, but for other people.

I know that this doesn't all speak directly to your situation, but I feel like we have some similar things that pop up when we face challenges in our lives.

I love you and I hope you know that I would do anything for you.

Heavenly Father, I really ask that you come and give your strength and love to Melissa....I pray that she can see your work in her life....just in thinking this morning about the passage of scripture where you tell us you are the vine, and we are the branches, and that we will go through times when you prune us so we can come that much closer to being like you...well, I pray that you will really give Melissa the sense that you are holding her and refining her, and that better times are in store, and that as we strive for restoration, you will provide and help us through the process.
I pray for Melissa's mom and her aunt, I pray that you will speak to them and give them wisdom.
And Lord, I also know you can do miracles, and so I look to you and ask that you will break this cycle in the life of Melissa's grandma. That you will heal her heart, and her addiction.
Also Lord, please remind each of us here to pray for this situation everytime we are reminded of Melissa.

Thanks, a lot, Angie. I don't have that much energy to get into it all right now, but your words and your prayer really are encouraging and helpful. Thank you all so much.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 am

So, instead of moving to my mom's house, my grandma has decided to try to quit drinking on her own--she has done it before--and stay here. So, we shall see how it ends up. I am hoping for the best, and praying for God's guidance through this time. It won't be easy, I don't think. But, I believe this is, to some degree, what we all want. So, I am hoping it has lasting effects, and that in addition to stopping drinking, my grandma will be open to healing whatever wounds she has that have for so long driven her to drink.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 am

It sounds promising, and I try to stay on the side of optimism with prayer. Very Happy

I'm praying both for the situation and for her healing as well, there is truly something troubling her to drive her to this for so long.

Hopefully the whole family will find healing in the process and allow a stronger bond to be formed.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 am

I'm late to the game since I was offline most of the weekend.
Mel, I'm so sorry that this is going on. It is so hard to know what to do in these situations and I'll just echo everyone else that I love you and am praying for you and the situation.

sad hug
Bethany
Bethany

http://studyincontradictions.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

i have a prayer request for something that i can't really talk about right now... but if you think of it, would you pray for me?
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Katykc wrote:i have a prayer request for something that i can't really talk about right now... but if you think of it, would you pray for me?

definitely!!

looking for peace? wisdom? direction? comfort?
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pm

all of the above
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

you got it Katy!
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:47 am

yes indeed, miss Katy!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 am

Totally Katy!
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Hmm, I could have sworn I posted here about my grandma, but now am seeing that nothing came through...

If you could, please pray for her. In addition to losing her husband, she has been recovering from a knee replacement. While we were all over there yesterday, she started shaking really bad and didn't know what was wrong. We checked out a couple things, but couldn't come to any kind of relief, so they took her to the emergency room.

It was determined that she has an infection in her leg and a blood clot. So, they admitted her and have kept her overnight. She is still there today and will miss my grandpa's viewing. They are hoping she will be able to make it for the funeral tomorrow, but that isn't confirmed yet.

She is hurting, she is stressed, and she is scared. I am praying for God's peace to sustain her through this time.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I'll be praying for her, Melissa.

Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bethany Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Scary Mel, I'm praying
Bethany
Bethany

Back to top Go down

Post by meether369 Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Well, the viewing is over. Wow. My grandpa looked amazing!! And there were so many people who came! It was a nice event.

I also spent a couple hours sitting with my grandma at the hospital. She is doing better, but not great. And she doesn't want to see my grandpa. It is kind of concerning to the family. Her doctor said she would be okay to go for an hour or two, but she doesn't seem to want to see him.
meether369
meether369

Back to top Go down

Post by Katykc Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Kelli's (my sister-in-law) father went in for an emergency bypas this morning and it didn't look good. They were told to pray for the best, but to be prepared for the worst. Please pray for her and her siblings and step mother
Katykc
Katykc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 pm

you got it Katy.
Pete
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content